Sometimes, You Deteriorate


It's been a long while since i've build like... ANYTHING... and since the new girls are buildables... I'm beginning to see how horrible my skills deteriorated...


It's been a long while since i've build anything and the fact that the recent frame arms girl are all modelkits... are not helping me in the slightest...

Don't get me wrong they are relatively easy to build and wouldn't have a jarringly horrible snapfit, but to achieve a better aesthetics you need to work on them properly.

The fact that i got all the tools i used to build with, yet lost some of my skill due to inactivity and time. Is disheartening.

That's why i returned to my old roots by trying a few HG gundam kits...

Well apparently the one i prefer by design is the G-Reconguista series, at least the ones i can still get ahold of.

To say the least it's still somewhat of a hit and miss because sadly i totally lost the feel i used to have, that sanding sense when you know a nub is already gone, things that are trivial but useful like that are gone.

So here i go again with the process of regaining and remembering my old habits.

Well as expected though, i feel sorry for the girls as some of them ended more horrible than i should've handled them...

I think when i have time i need to touch them up back up again to make them better...


I'm sorry, you deserved better... 

Comments

  1. I actually experienced this same thing towards the beginning of the year. I used run through 2-3 models a month, but I ended up going on a hiatus of sorts for a number of years due to... no real reason now that I think about it. At the start of January I picked up the exclusive tanned version of FA Pink Materia, and... it was not a pretty sight. Sanded parts down so far and at such terrible angles that the pieces looked uneven when put together, couldn't panel line to save my life, messed up the water slide eyes FA girls come with, etc. It was a nightmare haha.

    I've since re-polished those skills on a few RG kits, which paid off tremendously when I picked up FA Innocentia about a month ago. Probably the best I've ever done on a human kit (Not that I've made that many, really). Definitely lit a flame for my love of FA girls though. Looking forward to the next couple of releases, Hresvelgr=Rufus in particular.

    And since you mentioned it I definitely need to go back and touch up poor poor Materia. But aye, keep up with the skill polishing! It's really discouraging, but this particular set of skills seem to come back fairly easily~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My newest entry would be Baselard and Hresvelgr. They're both looking ok but yeah, could use a pinch of touch ups.

      I'm still waiting for my Megami Device #3 and #4, along with #5 and #6 hopefully once they arrive i can build them properly...

      Delete

Post a Comment